WHO WE ARE
Life is better when you go to the places where you feel most alive. It’s that passion that drives our business, and what fuels a great adventure.
Our happy place is being on the water with a paddle and a fishing pole; we’re happiest when we’re exploring, dreaming, and discovering some of the most beautiful wildlife and adventurous places in all of Florida. We love to share experiences with others, and we love to share in your adventures
Connecting with nature, bonding with family and friends, and appreciating the outdoors is central to our values. It gives us great pleasure to see our customers enjoy fun, memorable, and sustainable kayak fishing and eco-tour experiences
Buz Bireline is the founder, president, and lead adventure guide for Kingfisher Kayak Adventures. Although much of his youth was spent in Illinois, Buz’s North Central Florida roots started with a century-old family pecan farm just outside of Gainesville.
As a proud University of Florida alum with a master’s degree in ecology, Buz has spent most of his adult life in the region, exploring the outdoors, working with wildlife, and fishing the surrounding waters.
A former educator who has spent many years providing leadership to zoos, aquariums, and other conservation organizations. He has a passion for conservation, the community, and connecting people to wildlife and wild places.
Buz is a Florida kayak bass fishing fanatic, and competitive tournament angler with a special love for the unique and rare bass species, the Suwannee Bass
Q&A WITH BUZ
What are some of your favorite outdoor adventure accomplishments?
· Successful state and national Kayak Bass Fishing tournament competitor – Finished in the Top 100 (out of 350) during the 2021 Kayak Bass Fishing National Championship
· Thru-hiked the entire distance of the Appalachian Trail
What industry brands do you partner with?
· NuCanoe fishing kayaks for all excursions and represent the brand as a member of TeamNU
· St.Croix Rods Guide Program
· Test pilot for sun protective gear from Shelta Hats and Stream2Sea sunscreen products
What do you consider your home waters?
Any North Central Florida body of water, but some of my current favorites:
· Santa Fe River
· Rodman Reservoir
· Orange Lake
Do you support community activities?
· Volunteer - University of Florida IFAS outreach program: Fishing For Success Family Fishing Days
· Volunteer – Honoring the Brave – Team River Runner
· Support Alachua County Audubon
· Support Santa Fe College Teaching Zoo
· Support Alachua County Humane Society
Is your real name Buz?
My given name is Henry, and I’m the fourth member of our family to be honored with that name.
Oftentimes, our family tradition inspires nicknames that start with the letter B. My nickname was inspired by the astronaut, Buzz Aldrin.
I was born in the same month and year as the first moon landing, and because of the Toy Story movies, children sometimes call me Buzz Lightyear.
Besides water, what food or beverage could you not live without?
Ice cream. Pretty much any flavor and most ice cream-like treats. Frozen yogurt, gelato, popsicles, and many more.
What is your favorite quote about the outdoors?
·"If you can’t be in awe of Mother Nature, there’s something wrong with you." – Alex Trebek